Consultations of high Contracting Parties
Article 13 - Consultations of high Contracting Parties
1. The High Contracting Parties undertake to consult and cooperate with each other on all issues related to the operation of this Protocol. For this purpose, a conference of High Contracting Parties shall be held annually.
2. Participation in the annual conferences shall be determined by their agreed Rules of Procedure.
3. The work of the conference shall include:
(a) review of the operation and status of this Protocol;
(b) consideration of matters arising from reports by High Contracting Parties according to paragraph 4 of this Article;
(c) preparation for review conferences; and
(d) consideration of the development of technologies to protect civilians against indiscriminate effects of mines.
4. The High Contracting Parties shall provide annual reports to the Depositary, who shall circulate them to all High Contracting Parties in advance of the Conference, on any of the following matters:
(a) dissemination of information on this Protocol to their armed forces and to the civilian population;
(b) mine clearance and rehabilitation programmes;
(c) steps taken to meet technical requirements of this Protocol and any other relevant information pertaining thereto;
(d) legislation related to this Protocol;
(e) measures taken on international technical information exchange, on international cooperation on mine clearance, and on technical cooperation and assistance; and
(f) other relevant matters.
5. The cost of the Conference of High Contracting Parties shall be borne by the High Contracting Parties and States not parties participating in the work of the Conference, in accordance with the United Nations scale of assessment adjusted appropriately.